Projects Conservation Corpsmember at Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 7/31/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://milehighyouthcorps.org
- Salary/Range: • Corpsmembers earn a stipend of $256-$288 per week
- Hours: Seasonal, Full Time
Summary: The Projects Corpsmember rotates through various positions in the projects department, including: assisting MHYC staff to support successful project implementation, serving in the field, substituting for Corpsmembers as needed , and scheduling the Energy and Water Conservation crews. Additionally, they actively participate in weekly environmental education and team building activities, engage in service projects, and make progress towards future career and educational goals with career readiness training.
Clientele Capacity Building:
• Clearly communicate project objectives and services to potential clients.
• Collaborate with Client Intake department to fill weekly schedule for all Conservation teams.
• Work with Crew Leaders and Client Intake staff to ensure complete and accurate files on each client.
• Problem-solve scheduling challenges on a daily basis and proactively deal with dynamic situations.
• Support client service forms and case notes in a number of databases in a timely manner.
• Promote project sustainability by creating and editing various letters, publications, rosters, flyers, reports, etc.
• Participate in canvassing for properties and maintain contacts.
• Interact with low-income clients to offer information on energy and water conservation techniques during technical installs or through neighborhood canvassing.
• Receive hands-on technical trainings related to all projects. Learn to problem solve diverse technical challenges in the work space.
• Fully participate in all safety trainings and adhere to agency safety rules and regulations.
• Substitute for Corpsmembers in the field as needed.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Corpsmember Handbook.
• Report to a Mile High Youth Corps Program Coordinator.
• May be required to participate in Make a Difference Day, October 26, 2013.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement, healthy lifestyles, career development, independent living and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in educational curriculum including: goal-setting, service learning and life skills. Some of these activities may be outside of MHYC daily schedule.
• Fully participate in career readiness training including: cover letter and resume building as well as career and/or college placement and skill development.
• Fully participate in Corpsmember team activities including stretch and safety circle, crew time, community meetings, and all corps service projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 18-24 years old.
• Fluency in the Spanish and English languages is highly preferred.
• GED or HS diploma required.
• Willingness to participate in teambuilding activities and promote a strong team atmosphere.
• Superior customer service, including a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
• Superior communication skills, including strong speaking and writing skills.
• Must make a strong commitment to term of service by being available for a minimum of 675 hours of service, 36-40 hours a week
• Must be computer literate including Microsoft Word and Office applications.
• Ability to serve in a professional manner with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Preferred: knowledge of Denver Metro Area street systems.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to type and accurately complete data entry.
• Ability to act and present oneself in a professional manner.
• Able to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps and the AmeriCorps Program both in behavior and dress code.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally serve in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
Hours & Stipend:
• This is a temporary, non-exempt position that begins July 8, 2013 to December 13, 2013.
• Location: This position will operate primarily out of MHYC’s Bryant location on 2480 W. 4th Ave. M-F and Headquarters (1801 Federal) on Friday mornings. The schedule is as follows:
o Bryant: Monday- Thursday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Friday 12:30p.m.-4:00p.m.
o Headquarters (1801 Federal): Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00p.m.
• Corpsmembers earn a stipend of $256-$288 per week. May be eligible for mid-program stipend increase of up to $272-304 per week based on performance.
• Benefits are not provided.
AmeriCorps Education Award:
A Corpsmember is eligible for a $2,114.00 AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of 675 hours of service.
Online: www.milehighyouthcorps.org (click “apply now”)
In person/mail: Attn. Madison Brannigan, 1801 Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80204
* If you have questions about the position, please email email@example.com or call 303-433-1206 option 2 x 221
Mile High Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This program is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or, in most instances, religion.
To Apply: https://recruit.zoho.com/ats/Portal.na?digest=0ih1DbV1.ayWY3M4ONHw0uG3eqRvpaKs0niW1oquPq4-