Finance Manager at Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 9/3/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://milehighyouthcorps.org
- Salary/Range: 45,000 to 50,000/year
- Hours: 40
MILE HIGH YOUTH CORPS
Mile High Youth Corps helps urban youth make a difference in themselves and in their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.
Summary: The Finance Manager will provide fiscal support to the Director of Finance and Operations. Primary areas of responsibility include budgeting, forecasting, grant funding and insurance oversight
Support the creation and development of the organization’s budget.
Provide financial analysis as requested by the Director of Finance and Operations as well as the organization’s management team.
Produce financial forecasts projecting organization’s year-end results and cash positions.
Support Development Department with required financial information and budgets for grant applications.
Track and document the use of grant funding.
Assist in preparation of financial documents.
Prepare relevant information for annual audit conducted by outside auditing firm.
Attend meetings as requested to provide information regarding financial matters.
Provide annual review of insurance coverage and coordinate with the organization’s insurance brokers to maintain the required insurance policies at the most competitive pricing.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
Experience: Two years of finance experience, preferably in a non-profit setting, is required for the position. Experience working with a diverse group of people in a team atmosphere. Some supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficient with Quickbooks, Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, especially as it relates to non-profits.
• Knowledge of government grants preferred.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check, which includes a FBI criminal background check which requires fingerprinting.
• Ability to legally work in the United States, which will be verified through the federal E-verify system.
• Must have an insurable driving record.
Hours & Compensation
This is a full-time regular position with benefits. The annual salary range for this position is $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience. Medical, dental and life benefits are available on the 1st of the month after working 90 days. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required for youth corps related functions.
To Apply: Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Email: email@example.com (include Finance Manager in subject line)
Mail: Attn. Human Resources Director, East Montclair Community Center, 6740 E. Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80220
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES
MHYC is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to