Outreach and Programs Corpsmember at Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 10/16/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://milehighyouthcorps.org
- Salary/Range: Stipend of $360 per week
- Hours: Full Time
The Outreach and Programs Corpsmember rotates through various positions in the Programs department, including: monitoring the front lobby and phones, working with MHYC staff to support database management, and playing a key role in the hiring and recruitment processes. Additionally, they may participate in weekly environmental education and team building activities, work on service projects, and will work towards future career and educational goals with career readiness training.
• Receive incoming phone calls and MHYC guests and direct them to an appropriate staff member.
• Maintain a clean and professional work environment in the lobby area.
• Manage printers and copiers, including ordering supplies, scheduling maintenance technicians, and general upkeep and troubleshooting.
• Photocopy documents and help prepare materials.
• Assist staff members with general requests.
• Managing shared calendars and room/equipment reservations.
• Data entry for program, tracking and reporting purposes.
• Sorting mail and faxes.
Outreach, Recruitment, and Hiring:
• Explain job duties and requirements for every program at MHYC to potential applicants and referral partners.
• Receive applications and send via inter-office mail to recruitment team.
• Schedule interviews and prepare applicable paperwork.
• Check-in interviewees and keep track of arrivals.
• Administer TABE tests and questionnaires when needed for recruitment and hiring.
• Receive and deliver criminal background check forms.
• Organize all interview paperwork, enter interview scores and notes in Zoho recruitment database, and file paperwork.
• Assist the Development & Marketing team with projects related to fundraising and outreach.
Programs and Projects Support:
• Assist in the management of the quarterly reporting of the agency Business Plan.
• Fully participate in all safety trainings and adhere to agency safety rules and regulations.
• Fully participate in career readiness training activities.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember Handbooks.
• Participate in Corpsmember team activities including community meetings, leadership development, and all corps service projects as directed.
• Report to a Mile High Youth Corps Program Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 18-24 years old.
• GED or HS diploma required.
• Willingness to participate in teambuilding activities and promote a strong team atmosphere.
• Superior customer service skills, including a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
• Superior communication skills, including strong speaking and writing skills.
• Must make a strong commitment by being available 40 hours a week.
• Must be computer literate including Microsoft Word and Office applications.
• Ability to work in a professional manner with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to complete tasks in a detailed and timely manner.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to type and accurately complete data entry.
• Ability to act and present oneself in a professional manner.
• Able to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress code.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other employment forms on your first day of employment. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-employment background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
• Pre-employment drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during employment.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify program.
Hours & Compensation:
• This is a temporary, non-exempt position, January 6, 2014- June 27, 2014 with the potential to extend through December 12, 2014.
• Monday- Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Corpsmembers earn a stipend of $360.00 per week.
• Benefits are not provided.
In person/mail: Attn. Tom Dillow, 1801 Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80204
* If you have questions about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-433-1206 ext. 221