Project Manager: Energy & Water Conservation at Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 10/18/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://milehighyouthcorps.org
- Salary/Range: Salary range between $48,000 and $55,000 depending on experience.
- Hours: Full Time
Summary: This position oversees the cultivation and implementation of energy and water conservation projects for MHYC.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
• Sustain and manage the current energy and water conservation contracts.
• Research and develop energy and water conservation projects that could provide positive work experiences for Corpsmembers and generate earned income for the agency.
• Assist the CEO in writing proposals and negotiating contracts to support energy and water conservation projects.
• Assist in the continued development of weatherization services branch within the agency.
• Cultivate relationships with project sponsors to develop and grow portfolio of conservation services offered by the agency.
• Position agency services to meet the needs of current and future project sponsors to ensure department growth.
• Ensure successful daily operations of the Energy and Water Conservation Projects, both in the field and in the office.
• Ensure successful field communication system among clients, Corpsmembers and staff.
• Ensure successful client intake and scheduling systems for the delivery of energy and water conservation measures to clients.
• Manage the resources and assets allocated to the energy and water conservation projects to meet production goals and ensure the quality of services and sponsor satisfaction.
• Oversee staff and Corpsmember technical training for the energy and water conservation projects in collaboration with project sponsors, and MHYC program dept. to ensure project training meets their specifications.
• Help facilitate continuing technical education for energy and water conservation crews and staff.
• Collaborate with Program staff to support successful Corpsmember related outcomes.
• Develop and publish calling scripts, client intake forms, service orders, training materials, installation procedures, inventory reports and client satisfaction surveys, to organize and track all project activities.
• Ensure staff resolve on-site client, technical and operational issues effectively to ensure quality control and client satisfaction.
• Work with database developer and host to design and maintain database functionality and content.
• Develop and sustain contractor, vendor and affiliate relationships.
• Ensure worksite safety by conducting onsite safety assessments, identifying health and safety hazards, and implementing corrective measures.
Supervision, Staff Development & Management
• Assist in recruiting, training, supervising and evaluating staff in accordance to agency guidelines, agreements and approved budgets.
• Support the implementation of the orientation and training for Crew Leaders and Corpsmembers.
• Promote and maintain positive group morale.
• Support and lead all staff towards agency goals; consistently contributing to the team effort.
• Enforce the policies and program procedures outlined in the MHYC employee manuals.
• Support the oversight of Energy and Water Conservation staff (field and client-intake) to ensure that all project data is entered in the database in an accurate and timely manner and that client files are complete and accurate.
• Ensure that employee files and attendance records are complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner.
• Monitor project budgets to ensure appropriate spending and tracking of in-kind donations where needed.
• Compile and submit accurate project information for grant/contract reports.
• Compile and submit accurate invoices and reports for billing.
• Assist the Finance Department in creating annual project budgets and periodic income projections.
• Manage the procurement, security, distribution and inventory control of energy and water conservation materials, tools, safety gear and field supplies.
• Assist the Operations Coordinator with facilities and vehicles as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Promotes agency mission in all activities.
• Submit staff reports for internal publication.
• Attend staff meetings, agency functions and meetings in the community as needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities to be assigned as needed.
Education: B.A. / B.S. required in fields related to Construction Management and/or energy and water conservation.
Experience: Significant experience with government contracts and grants management experience required. Minimum 2 years supervisory experience, working with diverse groups of people required. 2 years experience in general construction or weatherization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of energy and water conservation initiatives, techniques, technologies and materials.
• Knowledge of residential and multi-family construction.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Publisher).
• Proficient in cloud based software/databases.
• Ability to manage databases.
• Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, creative and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required. May implement drug testing throughout employment.
• Will be required to undergo a Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal check, which involves being fingerprinted.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States which will be verified through the Federal E-Verify program.
• Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
Hours & Compensation:
This is a full-time regular, exempt position with benefits. Salary range between $48,000 and $55,000 depending on experience. Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours may be required for corps-related functions.
To Apply Send Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to:
Email: email@example.com (include “Project Manager” in the subject line)
Fax: # 720-407-7286
Mail: Attn: Human Resources, 6740 E. Colfax, Denver CO 80220
No Telephone Calls Please
MHYC is an equal opportunity employer.