- Trails Day Crew Corpsmember
- Mile High Youth Corps
- Posted: 2/5/2014
- Salary/Range: Living stipend of $640.00 per pay period, paid in bi-weekly installments
- Hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Denver, CO
Description:Trails Day Crew Corpsmember- Position Description 2014 Summer Season
Position Title: Trails Corpsmember
Position Type: Temporary, position, 12 week program commitment
Location: 1801 Federal Blvd. Denver, CO 80204
Stipend: Living stipend of $640.00 per pay period, paid in bi-weekly installments
Includes transportation to projects, uniforms, and environmental education
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
* Required to work Friday, May 30th from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. due to holiday
observed on Memorial Day (May 26)
* May be required to work: Friday June 6th, July 11th, and August 8th from
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
** There may be positions available on a camping crew.
Season Dates: May 14th – August 8th, 2014
Orientation May 14th – May 16th, 2014
12 week production season starts May 19th, 2014 and runs to August 8th, 2014.
AmeriCorps Benefits: Corpsmembers are eligible for a $1,468.00 AmeriCorps Education Award upon
successful completion of 450 hours of service.
Reports To: Mile High Youth Corps Crew Leader
Mile High Youth Corps is a regional, non-profit, AmeriCorps (www.americorps.gov) affiliated
organization that engages youth in terms of service that help the planet and provide pathways to a
promising future. Corpsmembers work on conservation and environmental stewardship projects
throughout the Denver metro area while engaging in meaningful education activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Successfully complete new Corpsmember orientation and training.
• Work on a crew with approximately 10 young adults completing service and conservation
projects throughout the Denver metro area.
• Complete conservation projects on public lands throughout the Denver metro area and Front
Range. Project examples are trail construction and maintenance, fencing, campground
improvements, noxious weed eradication, wildlife habitat improvements and public land
maintenance and clean up.
• May be required to participate in Colorado Cares National Service Day.
• Fully participate in environmental education, leadership development, civic engagement,
healthy lifestyles, career development, and service learning activities.
• Fully participate in all technical trainings related to the service projects.
• Adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
• Adhere to the rules and regulations specified in the MHYC Employee and Corpsmember
• Diligently practice Leave No Trace techniques.
• Must be between the ages of 18-24 and eligible for employment in the United States.
• High school or GED graduate.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 75 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g.,
sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
• Available for a minimum of 450 hours of service, 40 hours per week.
• Able to be on time and maintain a minimum of 90% attendance rate through term of service.
• Experience or strong desire to learn the technical skills needed to effectively maintain public
• Must commit to complete the program and participate fully in work projects, and education.
• Must be willing to appropriately represent Mile High Youth Corps both in behavior and dress
code. Uniforms will be provided.
• Must be willing to work hard, actively participate as part of a team, and be dedicated to the
Youth Corp philosophy.
• Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first
day. Examples of such documents are a passport or a driver’s license and social security
card/birth certificate or other equivalent documents.
• Pre-service background check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which
• Pre-service drug screen required. Drug testing may be required during term.
• Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via the federal E-Verify
To Apply: Online: www.milehighyouthcorps.org (application under “Apply Now” in the top-right corner)