Naturalist at Mount Hermon
- Posted: 5/7/2013
- Location: Mount Hermon, CA
- URL: http://mounthermon.org/
- Salary/Range: 72.50/day plus room and board
- Hours: 8:00am - 9:00pm M-F with scheduled breaks and time off. 8 hours per day/5days/week. Seasonal Part-time: 9 months September-June
General Responsibility: Assume responsibility as a naturalist for a trail group during scheduled class
times, assist in program duties, and help lead extended activities.
•Attend staff training
•Engage and participate in staff development dinners and one to one meetings
•Read and understand the curricula for all grade levels taught (5th-8th)
•Experientially teach science curriculum as assigned
•Responsible for teaching/supervising night activities
•Host meal times, as per rotation.
•Lead orientation meetings for students
•Be able to observe student behavior, to respond to health and safety concerns, and to deal
appropriately with improper/inappropriate behavior, to adapt to students with special needs.
•Have visual and auditory ability to recognize hazards in the outdoor setting and the ability to
respond appropriately to those hazards.
• College graduate with minimum of bachelor's degree
• Ability to teach skills to elementary and middle school students
• Passionate about science and the outdoors
• Previous experience in leadership role, or able to demonstrate ability to supervise
• Ability to relate to a variety of age groups and effectively manage a student group
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Current first aid and CPR certification (acquire before employment is preferred)
• Strong Christian faith commitment. Good character, integrity, and adaptability
Time requirements: 8:00am - 9:00pm M-F with scheduled breaks and time off. 8 hours per day/5days/week. Seasonal Part-time: 9 months September-June
There is a 5 week winter break where no pay is earned.
Room and board is provided
Pay is commensurate with experience
To Apply: Apply online at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/mthermon/