Musician at Novation Church
- Posted: 6/24/2013
- Location: Westminster, CO
- URL: http://www.NovationChurch.org
- Salary/Range: Kingdom-Sized Pay, but Volunteer in American $
- Hours: 5-10 hours depending on skill level
Thank you for checking us out!
Who We Are
Novation Church is about 18 months old. The idea began over two years ago with a pastor Scott Applegate, the blessing from his church, a core group of leaders, and the vision of leading others into authentic community in the Westminster area. Presently, we are meeting in the large gymnasium of the Woodrow Wilson Academy of Westminster.
Novation means, “An exchange of debts.” We have given up the debt of sin (death) to take on the debt of love (Christ living through us). We continue to see story after story of how God is honoring this vision and even leading it. It has been powerful.
We have seen tremendous growth, and we know that this is because we respect people’s busy schedules; love people well, create space for worship, have a kids and youth program that is exciting and engaging, and deliver messages from Scripture that give people a chance to really apply the Bible to their lives today.
What Are We Looking For
Calling all musicians of excellence!
We offer a contemporary service to all who are interested in discovering what we are about. Currently, we are looking for musicians to build our Sunday morning contemporary worship service. Not only do we want to make this an amazing place for our musicians to serve, we are also interested in making our Sunday morning experience for our guests and members just as amazing!
As a result, we strive to bring excellence in everything we do. If excellence is not a part of your aspiration, it would be better to look elsewhere. If, however, you’re not excellent, but have the drive to become better at your skill. We’d like to talk!
More Information About What We Are Looking For In A Musician/Singer
There are some important basics we try to stick with when looking for a musician. We do look at these on an individual basis so please don’t feel this list can eliminate your potential – especially if these describe what you want for yourself.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, or
- An openness to spirituality and the work of God
- Two years or more experience in your instrument
- Experience in playing in front of large gatherings
- A willingness to develop your instrumental skill beyond rehearsals
- Rehearsing with your music privately at least an hour each week in preparation for Sunday
- A basic understanding or willingness to use our software (pull up preparation materials or block out dates available)
- Meet on your week(s) prepared for rehearsal on Sunday morning before the service
- A cooperative attitude
- A willingness to receive encouraging feedback and feedback for improvement
- A desire to do other worship concerts, or other venue worship concerts if given the opportunity
- If an instrumentalist, the ability to sing along at times also a plus
- The ability to be on time consistently to rehearsals
- A working knowledge of modern worship songs, or
- The willingness to learn these quickly as given
- An understanding from both sides that being a part of the team will require a season of working together before moving forward with any long-term commitments
Specific Instrumentalists of Interest
This is not a conclusive list. But, these are the positions we are most interested in filling at this time:
-Drummer / Percussionist
-Pianist / Keyboardist
Other Instrumentalists of Interest
More Information About Novation
Novation’s website is www.NovationChurch.com
Our service time is 10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings
If this is something you are interested in find out more about, please contact me. My name is Grant Daniel Reed. I am the Worship Pastor of Novation Church and look forward to how The Lord is going to answer this request.
If you call, I'll want to know a little bit about yourself, your instrument, and your experience level. We can go from there to set up an initial meeting/audition. If you have recorded audio material you could send me, this would be very helpful.
Grant Daniel Reed (c) 720-545-4022, or please email me via this ad. Thank you!
Compensation is not possible at this point, but the eternal payback is out of this world.
To Apply: Call Grant Daniel Reed (720) 545-4022 or email at: