Preschool Director at Open Door Ministries
- Posted: 10/17/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.odmdenver.org
- Salary/Range: To be determined
- Hours: Full-Time
Purpose – The Director provides leadership in the overall operations of the center, and is responsible for managing, overseeing, and/or delegating all aspects of the operational, financial, and personnel functions of the childcare center.
Organization: Open Door Ministries
Spiritual Oversight: Elders of Open Door Fellowship
Administrative Oversight: Assoc. Exe. Director
Time: 40 hours per week
• One ODF Sunday service (8:30am, 11:00am, or 4:30pm)
• Open Door Fellowship quarterly chapel service
• Open Door Ministries monthly staff meeting
• Regular meetings with childcare staff
• Regular meetings with the Associate Executive Director
• Quarterly directors meetings
• Director qualified in the State of Colorado
• At least three years of experience
• Education requirements: BS/BA in Early Childhood Education or required ECE coursework
• Lead and support teaching staff, auxiliary staff, and volunteers in carrying out educational programs and child care services.
• Hire, supervise, assist, and evaluate the center staff in carrying out their duties; encourage and provide for professional development for all staff, including self; facilitate monthly staff meetings.
• Ensure that the daily operations, activities, and programs of the centers are safe, developmentally appropriate for the children being served, and are in line with center philosophies of education.
• Recruit, enroll and register students who attend the center; ensure that student information, health, emergency, permission, and release forms are updated annually or as changes occur.
• Bill and collect fees from parents or responsible parties.
• Ensure that all daily and weekly classroom records are filled out by teachers; complete and submit all monthly forms to satisfy CCAP, CACFP, DPP, licensing, and other requirements.
• Help determine and maintain the center’s operating budget; ensure that the budget is implemented correctly at all levels.
• Order necessary supplies and materials to keep center operational on a quality level; evaluate the need for major and/or replacement purchases and communicate these to the direct supervisor; complete the purchasing of such items.
• Develop and implement annual goals, objectives, and procedures.
• Ensure that all licensing requirements are met on ongoing basis.
• Prepare and submit monthly ministry reports.
• Perform and/or oversee regular evaluations of the program, individual children, and parent opinions.
• Spend regular, participatory time in each classroom.
• Actively participate in family relations, parent education, and parent meetings/seminars/training sessions; be available as a resource to teachers in their interactions with parents.
• Provide accurate and timely descriptions of the program as requested for the purpose of applying for grants.
• Assume all other reasonable duties and responsibilities of center staff when positions are not filled.
To Apply: please contact Ashley Roberts at