Vice President of International Partnerships at Overseas Council
- Posted: 2/22/2013
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- URL: http://www.overseas.org
- Hours: Full Time
Position: Vice President of International Partnerships
Department: International Partnerships
Team(s): Executive Team
Reports to: OC President
FLSA Classification: Exempt/Salary
DOL Classification: Full-time
Date Last Revised: February, 2013
Job Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
The Vice President of International Partnerships is responsible for leading and managing the OC International Partnerships team, consisting of the administrative and program team members of the International Partnerships staff as well as the Regional Directors. The position requires a strong partnership with the VP of Advancement as well as a sound understanding of OC’s global projects and the ability to translate those into effective and compelling presentations to donors and others wishing to participate in the ministry of OC.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the President’s leadership, develop the organization’s International Partnership strategic plans, advising on the impact of long-range planning and action on the areas of program and mission fulfillment.
• Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals, and trends in the various regions to order to assist the President and the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities; oversight and management of the remit process to our partner schools, projects and alliances with the assistance of our Project Finance Manager.
• Provide consultancy to projects and schools, and serve as a key contact to partner schools, alliances and networks on behalf of OC. This function requires frequent international and domestic travel.
• Represent OC by participating in seminars, lectures, and other external events, and by writing/speaking on behalf of OC.
• Build a strong partnership with the OC Advancement team, assisting with fundraising events as appropriate.
• Oversight of the direction and management of the Institutes for Excellence in Christian Leadership Development with the Dean of Leadership Development and similar initiatives.
• With assistance from the Director of Support Services and legal counsel, negotiate and manage all contractual arrangements with the regional directors. Counsel with the Director of Support Services and/or COO on financial matters related to such arrangements.
• Identify, train, and coach international Regional Directors. Help create a culture of accountability and performance through example.
• Participate in OC board meetings when requested by the President; participate in Executive Team meetings.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Experience, Competencies and Education
A leader with proven experience and results managing a diverse and decentralized multi-national and multi-cultural organization. Possesses appropriate experience in a global organization with experience in the field of education and/or training. . A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, and strong operational focus. A well organized, self-directed individual who is knowledgeable in the fundraising principles for parachurch and/or non-profit organizations. An articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization/educational institution. A good educator and trustworthy mentor. An excellent negotiator who knows how to manage and resolve conflicts confidently and wisely.
Proven ability to design and implement a global plan to leverage common strategies, goals, procedures, and best practices while respecting local cultures and preferences.
Ability and willingness to travel extensively on a global basis.
Doctoral degree in an appropriate field (i.e., theology, education or other related fields) highly desirable. Possesses teaching, administrative or other appropriate experience in an educational institution or agency.
• Language & Communication Skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to the board and outsiders.
Preferred ability in one or more languages other than English.
To Apply: Send resume to