Worship Pastor/Leader at Platt Park Church
- Posted: 9/25/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.plattparkchurch.org
- Hours: part time
Worship Leader/Pastor Ministry Description
The Mission of Platt Park Church: connecting & reconnecting people with God through creating environments where people can become passionate, devoted followers of Christ
Our Vision: to see our city reflect God’s restoration
Our Core Practices:
* Worship: People loving the Triune God with their whole selves
* Faith Sharing: People inviting others to follow Christ through life, word, and deed.
* Community: People building loving relationships.
* Transformation: People growing in Christ-like character.
* Serving: People serving others holistically.
Title of position: Worship Leader/Pastor
Title of Supervisor: Co-Lead Pastor
Time Commitment: part time
Title(s) that work closely with this position: Staff and elders, various volunteer artists, musicians, sound technician, musical director, media team/lighting/sound/production people.
Position Summary: To effectively facilitate community worship on Sundays and lead the Platt Park congregation in more readily loving our Triune God with their whole selves.
1. Glorifying God. We want our worship to be focused on loving, serving and glorifying the God who has created and redeemed us.
2. Missionality. We want our worship environments to include and inspire all people no matter where they are on their journey to live the story of God.
3. Active Participation. We want our worship environments to maximize opportunities for people to give themselves to God and respond appropriately to what he is doing in our world.
4. Excellence. We want to give God and each other our best and most creative worship offerings.
5. Relational. Worship needs to be relational.
*This person will invite and involve the Platt Park Park community in an active God-centered worship. This person will educate the Platt Park community on the value, theology and opportunity of worship.
*The worship leader will pray for (and with), love and serve the Platt Park community with compassion, empathy and commitment.
*The worship leader will facilitate excellent worship “from” the community (not just “for” the community) by identifying, equipping and leading artists in the process of designing worship. Lead congregation in reaching out to their friends without a faith community and the city at large.
*Participate in creation of weekly Order of Service – choose songs, liturgy, and elements in compliment with the overall direction of the series, message and theme from teaching pastor. Work with the musical director to determine musicians needed and song form. Develop volunteer teams to participate in leading worship – musicians, vocalists, media, etc. Lead worship on Sundays
*Participate in weekly evaluation of services. Creative development of worship elements including: atmosphere, visuals, interactives, music pieces, and other artistic expressions Assist in leading the congregation in prayer, promotion and planning for approx. 4 “big days” of each year (ie, Easter, Christmas, fall kick off etc.) Get audio/visual cued up before church every Sunday. Weekly meeting with pastor. All other duties as assigned by supervisor
To Apply: Send resume, letter & music sample to