- Product Demonstration Representative
- Premiere Demo Solutions
- Posted: 8/16/2014
- Salary/Range: Pay starts at $10/hr but it negotiable for candidates with previous demonstration or sales experience
- Hours: Part time. 6-24 hours a week
- Colorado, Denver Metro Area
Description:Premiere Demo Solutions Job Description
Title: In-store Demo-Event Specialist
Primary Work Location: Colorado
Position Status: Part Time 1099 Independent Contractor
Average Hours Per Week: (Note: These hours are estimated and are subject to frequent increases/decreases due to business needs) 6-24 hours.
Job Overview: Are you looking for a sales job providing food samples in retail stores that would allow you to meet new people? Our product demonstration positions may be a great fit for your outgoing personality. Premiere Demo Solution’s Events Team is looking for associates to complete food demonstrations working in a flexible part-time environment.
If you are outgoing, enjoy meeting new people and are looking for an opportunity to make extra money or are wanting a flexible part-time schedule this position may be the right job opportunity for you! Enjoy flexibility that enables you to have a work-life balance while you promote various products during onsite events in retail environments.
As a member of the Premiere Demo Solution’s Events Team it is your job to be enthusiastic about the product you are showing. You will provide outstanding customer service to all customers by facilitating in-store food/product demonstrations & events. You will demonstrate knowledge of products, accessories and services, and use this knowledge to build sales, practice suggestive selling & driving sales. Your primary role is to share your passion about the product you are representing and interest the customer in purchasing the product and most of all have fun while doing it!
Apply today to join Premiere Demo Solution’s Events Team.
Summary: The Independent Contractor is responsible for completing in-store food and non-food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Serves, demonstrates, intercepts consumers and sells products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have the ability to be flexible
• Must have access to scanner and e-mail
• Possesses the aptitude and ability to gain adequate knowledge of the products represented.
• Has desire and ability to proactively intercept, engage, interact, and sell product to the consumer in a positive manner.
• Can effectively communicate the features and benefits of the product.
• Ability to prepare and serve food samples using small appliances such as microwaves, fryers, skillets, coffee makers and knives.
• Can maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
• Maintains a professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
• Properly sets up and prepares Event Table for execution.
• Achieves 100% execution on assigned work.
• Assists with preparation for client visits and completes audit corrections.
• Builds and maintains rapport with store personnel to effectively meet company and client objectives.
• Completes expense reports as per Company Policy.
• Prepares and submits all on-line requirements on the same day as Event execution.
Note: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Additional Requirements to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to:
* Stand up to 8 hours at a time
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
* Talk and hear
* Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
* Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder)
* Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds)
* Push and pull a wheeled shopping cart weighing up to 100 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
* Prepare foods using cooking utensils such as knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils
* Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Physical Appearance: Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments.
Specific Skills: Proficient use of a personal computer, a document scanner, email and familiarity with Word and Excel.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: None
Working Conditions (environment in which the job is performed): Retail store environment with some travel.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill. Bi-Lingual is a plus.
To Apply: Email Mary at