Vine, Vision & Voice
Vine, Vision & Voice is a resource of Christian spiritual formation, discipleship and creativity. Unique in design, it seeks to provide something more than a “fill-in-the-blank” Bible study. VVV uses God’s Word to prompt and magnify the creative voice within as participants move deeper in their understanding and experience of relationship with Christ, with one another, and with others in the world. VVV is a space and a place. It encourages participants to live life in a posture that creates room in one’s heart and mind to reflect deeply and with purpose. Within this space, one may then invite the Spirit to grant the gracious gifts He desires to give.
Vine, Vision & Voice progressively moves through an intentional spiritual formation process. It is a 12-week journey through Christian formation themes such as Learning to See, Strength and Weakness, Brokenness and Wholeness, Fear and Courage, True Self and False Self, Control and Surrender. We also spend a week for each of four core virtues exampled by Christ: Humility, Surrender, Obedience, and Love. Each lesson includes three essential movements: Awakening to God’s wooing voice in one’s life; Illumination to the path of Christlikeness seen in scripture and experienced through the classic spiritual disciplines; and Emergence into a life of worship and service to others in the Kingdom for the glory of God. The twelve weeks conclude with a “So What? Retreat” that draws it all together with a final Commissioning to go into the Kingdom for the sake of others.
Creative expression is central to each Vine, Vision & Voice lessons. Participants doodle, sculpt, sing, paint, write, and more. Allowing the Spirit to work in and through the creative process is a unique distinctive of the ministry.
At the end of Vine, Vision & Voice, participants will have experienced
- The transformational value of scripture for Christian spiritual formation;
- A clearer understanding of the character of God, the work of Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit;
- An authentic Christian community walking together toward deeper intimacy with Christ;
- A release of the creative spirit resident within all human beings as image bearers of God;
- A clarified understanding of the nature of being spiritually formed into Christlikeness and the tools needed to continue the spiritual journey;
- A deepened awareness of the gracious presence of God moving in their relationships and activities;
- An increased desire for joyful obedience to the call of God on their lives.
Nancy R. Buschart
Vine, Vision & Voice
8118 S. Spruce Circle
Home 303.224.9005 Cell 303.718.7848