Bookkeeper at Restoration Community Church
- Posted: 3/14/2013
- Location: Denver, CO
- URL: http://www.restorationcommunitychurch.us/
- Salary/Range: $1500/ month
- Hours: 15-20 hours, weekly
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Vision: To see people restored to the image of God.
Mission: Worshipping God, Growing Together, Serving the World.
How is this position strategic to the vision and mission? Maintaining financial practices and procedures of the church for more effectiveness, so that people can be more fully restored to the image of God through the ministry of Restoration Community Church.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
Contributions and Offerings
• Record all tithes and contributions in Fellowship One (Including electronic/ online contributions). Ensure contributions are recorded to the appropriate fund and sub fund.
• Make deposits in a timely manner.
• Record deposits in Quick books Online to the appropriate offering and cash accounts.
• Reconcile Fellowship One offerings by fund and sub fund to the corresponding general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
• Create and mail quarterly tithing reports
• Assist staff in preparing their monthly debit card expense reports in Expensify. Includes attaching necessary receipts, describing reason for expenses and coding to the appropriate general ledger account and program.
• Import approved expense reports from Expensify to Quick books at month end.
• Review vendor invoices, code to the appropriate general ledger account and prepare checks for authorized signers.
• Manually input completed check requests into Quick books.
• Ensure W9s are collected for all appropriate vendors and that vendors are flagged in Quick books as 1099 recipients.
• Obtain payroll general ledger report from Executive Pastor and input payroll journal entry into Quick Books
• Reconcile bank statement to Quick books.
• Make month end journal entries (i.e. 10% of general offering transferred to tithe account)
• Prepare regular financial statements for review by Management Team, Staff, and Trustees.
• Prepare separate roll forward reports to ensure designated funds have been properly accounted for.
• Assist Executive Pastor with projects as assigned
• We will take huge risks to reach the lost, the least and the last.
• We are committed to growing both deeper and larger.
• We care about the spiritual development of all people.
• We embrace our stories for the benefit of others.
• We humbly pursue the truth in love.
• We will give God our very best.
• We will live with radical generosity.
• We pour love into everything we do.
• Attend staff meetings as requested
• Track all expenses
Skills and Training Required:
• Accounting degree or at least five years of professional experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills, proficient in managing multiple tasks, flexible in accepting additional responsibilities, and adept in exercising discretion and setting priorities.
• Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures to the completion of assignments.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• Assignments require attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
• Proficiency in computer skills including MS Excel, and Quick books Online.
Additional Essential Qualifications:
1. Accountant must demonstrate a commitment to confidentiality, good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of Church ministries.
2. Must possess an understanding and commitment to Church’s mission, purpose, goals, management, policies, membership and protocol.
To Apply: Send resume to