Adult Choir Director at Rockland Community Church
- Posted: 6/17/2013
- Location: Golden, CO
- URL: http://www.rocklandcc.org
- Hours: average 17 hours per week
Adult Choir Director
Time Requirement: Part time (averages 17 hours per week)
Overview of Position
In collaboration with the Pastors, Organist, Children/Youth Choir Director and Worship ministry team, the Adult Choir Director provides leadership, direction and coordination to the Choral Choir.
1) Coordinate and implement all activities of the Adult Choir.
a) Prepare and conduct a weekly adult choir rehearsal on Wednesday evening.
b) Conduct all choir participation at Sunday worship services.
c) Organize and direct special music events for Christmas, Easter and other musical presentations at their discretion or as requested.
d) Select appropriate music for the anthem in coordination with other music staff and pastors.
e) Communicate information about the music program to the congregation.
f) Maintain an active program of recruitment for new musical talent, encouraging participation of singers from the congregation in coordination with the Organist/Pianist.
g) Access community resources to enhance the musical program, in collaboration with the Organist/Pianist.
2) Ensure that detail work related to the efficient operation of the adult choir program is accomplished including keeping attendance records, communicating with choir members, maintaining music library, and overseeing logistics with Worship Ministry Team.
3) Arrange for a substitute Adult Choir Director as needed and communicate with Pastors and Organist/Pianist of dates of absence and name and expectations of substitute.
4) Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Worship Ministry team meetings.
5) Prepare the annual adult music budget in coordination with the Worship Ministry Team and be fiscally responsible for the Adult choir budget.
Skill sets, Competencies and Attributes
An ideal candidate is/has:
* A vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Musically competent with broad experience and comfortable working with a variety of musical styles.
* Able to attract younger people and congregation at large to the choir. A builder…not a maintainer.
* Compassionate with consideration for needs of Choir members.
* Able to provide spiritual leadership of the Choir particularly as it relates to interpretation of the music.
* Highly motivated and passionate for the role.
* An excellent communicator.
* An inspired leader with high standards for the choir.
* Has a degree in music or related field.
* Willing to actively participate in the life of Rockland.
Rockland is a vibrant church dedicated to outreach and to drawing people closer to God. Our church believes in the mission of “Together we serve to build the body of Christ!” The services offer a blend of traditional and contemporary music with a wide variety of special music offerings. We are located in Genesee, just off I70. Rockland is officially affiliated with the United Church of Christ; however we feel more like a local community church, drawing families from all faith backgrounds. Please take a look at our webpage to learn more about us at www.rocklandcc.org
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including salary expectations. Thanks!
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to