- House Parent of Human Trafficking Survivors
- Sarah's Home
- Posted: 1/24/2014
- Hours: Full-time, Live-In
- Colorado Springs, CO
Description:Sarah’s Home is a faith-based, long-term home for underage girls who have been recovered from the forced commercial sex trade in the U.S. Thousands of children are trafficked in the U.S. each year, and these victims experience trauma that affects their entire being. Our program is designed to walk each girl through the process of coming to terms with her victimization and pain, and help her find healing.
Our program is comprised of:
• Spiritual Guidance
• Intensive Counseling and Therapy
• Medical Care
• Life Skills Training
• Vocational Training
• Relationship Skills Mentoring
• Mentorships with Older Women
Sarah’s Home is a safe place for healing, restoration, education and reintegration. It is truly a home where survivors can take the time they need to heal. They will find healing through God’s restorative power.
Sarah’s Home is seeking a strong Christian couple or mature Christian individual female to live in our home to provide basic care, parenting and guidance to the girls in the program. This is a salaried full-time, on-site live-in position. The provider(s) chosen for the position will become licensed foster parents for up to 4 girls ages 12-17, therefore must meet the minimum requirements for foster parents in the state of Colorado. This includes a full background check, CPR/First Aid certification and ongoing training.
All child-related expenses are paid by Sarah’s Home, and a strong contingent of paid staff, volunteers and mentors assist with program operations and time-off for the primary care provider(s). Certified teachers are also part of the team, providing education on-site to the girls. It is crucial that the foster parent(s) work well with the entire team of teachers and staff in an effort to provide a safe and healing environment.
Ideal candidates will possess the following characteristics:
• Close relationship with Christ
• Strong marital relationship, and/or strong support system
• Proven experience working with adolescents, and/or parenting experience
• Self-awareness, patience, sense of humor, flexibility and open-mindedness
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in social work, the child welfare system, victim advocacy or related fields; however it is not a requirement of the position.