A Seldom Mentioned Reason Why Jesus Came
Jan 04, 2010 by Gordon Lewis | 0 Comments
To Pilate, an official representative of the
“What is truth?” Pilate asked (v.38).
Probably Pilate did not wait to hear the answer. But to those who would listen, Jesus replied, “If you hold to my teaching … Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free (Jn 8:31-32).
From whom did Jesus receive his teaching?”
As Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father, he said, “I gave them the words you gave me … your word is truth” (John 17:8, 17). The source of Jesus’s teachings was the omniscient Designer of the universe.
Where can we find the truth today?
We discover truth in statements that align with:
- the God-given teaching of Jesus,
- the divinely-originated affirmations of Holy Scripture and
- observable data in the God-created world.
How, then, shall we continually honor Christ’s incarnation? By:
- assenting to the truth of his teachings, turning from our prideful ways and finding peace in trusting our living Lord.
- reveling in being set free from the power of temptation and lesser religious, social and political would-be lords and masters.
- loving his truth, “Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth” (1 Cor 13:6).
- finding joy in becoming progressively more like him in our character, and in testifying to the truth.