- Overnight Ministry Staff
- Street's Hope
- Posted: 7/8/2014
- Salary/Range: Room & Board (internship credit if applicable)
- Hours: approx 25 hrs/week
- Denver Metro, CO
Description:Supervisor: Executive Director
Primary Job Duties:
This part-time position is responsible for supervision of up to 8 female clients in a residential safe house facility as overnight, live-in staff. This is a ministry opportunity to interact directly with survivors of the commercial sex industry and sex trafficking; you will be able to directly care for these women and love on them as you build a relationship of trust and support. We are a Christian organization and provide spiritual support and development (optionally) to our residents. Overnight Ministry staff members are encouraged to model Christ-like behavior to the women, while also offering spiritual support and guidance through something as simple as a small conversation to praying with the women to possibly leading a Bible study with them (there is room to be creative with this)!
• Residential coverage, which includes a combination of 3 overnight shifts (5pm-8am) and 1 weekend day shift. Preference is that you live full-time on site.
• Assistance with relapse prevention, peer encouragement during difficult times, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and optional spiritual support and encouragement.
• Provide limited transportation for clients to NA groups and appointments as needed
• Direct supervision is not always necessary, shift requires little to no client supervision between the hours of 10pm-8am (11pm on Friday and Saturday) unless there is an emergency.
• Live your life during these periods and include clients, knowing that normal life involves down time and separate space as well as intense involvement during periods of crisis.
Daily on duty responsibilities include:
• Completing case notes for each client as needed
• Assist residents with spiritual development
• Monitoring client medication (QMAP preferred)
• Enforcing program compliance
• Set/disarm alarm during shift hours (10pm/5am)
• Conflict resolution & relapse prevention
• Conducting random bedroom checks as needed
• Various administrative/maintenance tasks (see below)
Administrative/House Maintenance tasks:
• Answer office phone, take messages for staff, check voicemail
• Greet volunteers and ensure that volunteer events run smoothly
• Assist with the upkeep and general cleanliness of staff quarters
• Assist with house maintenance (weekly trash pickup, snow removal, emergency house issues, etc.)
• Engage in regular community building activities (i.e. house dinner, movies, Bible studies, etc.)
• Assist with special events throughout the year, such as birthday celebrations
• Assist with Client Celebration & Graduation Night (four celebrations a year)
• Complete special projects or other duties as needed
Ideal candidate would possess strong communication skills and the ability to implement personal & professional boundaries. Candidate would be able to ensure program compliance with clients through a vigilant, structured and proactive approach.
Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience preferred.
Minimum commitment of 6 month term with possibility of renewal
Room & Board: private bedroom and bathroom
Access to resource banks (e.g. food, hygiene items, cleaning products, clothing)
Work cell phone provided (if needed)
Clinical Supervision (if needed)
Internship credit (if needed)/professional work experience
To Apply: Nina Martinez at