Common Ground Chapel Service
Just imagine an author, pastor, or influential figure in your area of study who you’ve admired for years standing a few feet away and making eye contact with you as he/she discusses issues and ideas that have helped shape your theology or understanding of vocation. This kind of thing happens regularly in Chapel at Denver Seminary. These community gatherings include nationally and internationally recognized speakers, lectures, special conferences, and all with consistently uplifting worship. Held on Mondays and Tuesdays during the fall and spring semesters, our chapel gatherings are a place where the seminary community converges to celebrate our shared faith in Christ.
- All services are held at 11:00 am to 11:50 am on Mondays and Tuesdays in the Simpson Chapel and are open to the public
- View our calendar of events for upcoming chapel speakers
Click here to view past chapel services from this and other semesters.
Attendance Requirements at Common Ground
- Chapel requirements are 3 semesters for MA students and 5 semesters for MDiv students
- Students must attend a minimum of ten services per semester to be counted towards their chapel requirement
- Students may attend either Monday or Tuesday (11:00-11:50am)
- An online attendance report is due at the end of each semester
- Students completing two degree programs must fulfill the attendance requirements for one degree only
- In the case of a combined MDiv and MA degrees, the MDiv requirements apply
- Students whose schedules do not permit them to be on campus at the regularly scheduled days or times for Common Ground may discuss their circumstances with the Dean of Students.