Choir Director at The Church At Woodmoor
- Posted: 3/5/2013
- Location: Monument, Co
- URL: http://www.thechurchatwoodmoor.org
- Hours: Part Time
Choir Director Job Description
The Church at Woodmoor
The Church at Woodmoor is an ecumenical church in Monument, Colorado. We celebrate worship traditionally through liturgy, the proclamation of the Word, and musical celebration that includes our Chancel Choir, congregational singing of traditional hymns, and accompaniment by piano and organ.
We are seeking to fill the position of Choir Director.
Mission of the Position:
The focus of the music ministry is to encourage excellence in musical worship, growth in faith, and supportive fellowship. The Choir Director is responsible for providing leadership in the area of choral music. He/she is to use this position to develop a Chancel Choir who is able to sing songs from a variety of musical styles.
The choir director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and collaborates closely with the Worship Committee.
1. A committed Christian who is willing to be a member of this church family and to act as a Spiritual leader for the choir
2. At least 5 years of experience leading adult choirs in a church environment
3. Knowledge of a wide variety of musical styles and the ability to teach these styles
to the choir
4. Willingness to work collaboratively with the Worship Committee and the
5. Possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
6. Possess good organizational skills.
7. Possess a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct the Chancel Choir on Sunday mornings, September through first week of June, and for special worship events including the Christmas cantata, Christmas Eve services, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
2. Plan and lead weekly rehearsals during the regular choir season
3. Select and plan special music in coordination with the worship themes of the morning and/or the season of the Christian year
4. Provide information regarding anthems and special music in a timely manner for the church secretary to prepare the bulletin
5. Select new music and oversee the music library of the Chancel Choir according to budget resources
6. Procure instrumentalists when needed for various choir presentations according to budget resources
7. Expand the church’s music program to include ensembles and soloists to supplement the Chancel Choir and/or provide music through the summer
8. Recruit new members to the Chancel Choir
9. Represent the music ministry on the Worship Committee, attending the monthly meetings
10. Represent the music ministry in attendance at staff meetings and in preparation of the worship services
11. Present annual budget requests to the Committee on Worship
The position is part-time, requiring 15 hours per week. Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Beginning work date: April 1, 2013
To apply, please submit letter of interest with resume’ by US Mail or email to the attention of:
Pastor Ellen Fenter
18125 Furrow Rd.
Monument, Co. 80132
No phone calls, please.
To Apply: Send Resume' to Pastor Ellen Fenter -