Director of Youth Ministries- The Church of St. John the Divine at The Church of St. John the Divine, Houston
- Posted: 11/18/2012
- Location: Houston, TX
- URL: http://www.sjd.org
- Salary/Range: negotiated
- Hours: FT
THE CHURCH OF ST. JOHN THE DIVINE (www.sjd.org), a vibrant, Christ-centered, evangelical Episcopal church is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to lead a team of four full-time youth workers and partner with families in discipling approximately 200 youth currently in the program. St. John the Divine (“SJD”) is located near downtown Houston and has a membership of approximately 4,500 members. The church is well-resourced and so is the youth ministry in terms of finances, parental involvement, and volunteers.
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) is responsible for:
• The development of relationships with all youth members and their families for the purpose of nurturing their relationship with Jesus Christ.
• The formation of a base of volunteers to build a web of relationships for each St. John the Divine (SJD) student with multiple Christian adults in the church.
• The infusion of a joyful Christian atmosphere into all SJD youth programs.
SJD's next Director of Youth Ministries should have a college degree, 10+ years of experience in youth ministry leadership, a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ and a willingness to embrace orthodox Episcopal tradition. S/he will need to bring the following to the position:
• Strong teaching, relational and organizational skills
• Levels of passion and energy for establishing meaningful Christian relationships with youth
• Leadership of volunteers and a staff to do relational ministry together as a team
Resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Church of St John the Divine
Youth Director Search Committee
c/o Larry Lawyer
2450 River Oaks Blvd.
Houston, TX 77019