Director of Worship at The Heights Community/Washington Heights Church Campus
- Posted: 1/15/2013
- Location: Ogden, UT
- URL: http://www.washingtonheights.org
- Hours: Full Time
Job Posting: Worship Director
• Have these values been a part of your life: Love God, Love People, Serve the World, Invite a Friend?
• Have you effectively led in an environment passionate about reaching searchers and engaging believers?
• Do you have experience planning and leading seamless, distraction-free worship?
• Are you a team-builder who has recruited, trained and mentored musicians and vocalists?
• Have you incorporated creative elements to enhance worship?
• Are your musical skills diverse to work with more than one style?
If so, we would love to hear from you! The Heights Community is a multi-site church in beautiful northern Utah. This position seeks to fill the worship leading role at the Washington Heights campus. We are a growing church of 1700 seeking a missionally minded leader who wants to join a team that puts the needs of those without a relationship with Christ first. The role will also assist other campuses with worship as needed. We currently have two styles of worship, a big commitment to small groups as well as placing high value on children, students and worship.
The position is full-time with benefits.
Please send your resume and a DVD or a link that contains you leading worship to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON HEIGHTS CHURCH
Job Description: Director of Worship
Purpose: Love God, Love People, Serve the World, Invite a Friend
The purpose statement for worship at The Heights Community is: "To create unforgettable experiences with God for all people, especially focusing on those who have yet to trust Christ.”
Key Relationships: Lead Pastor, Management Team
Reports to: Lead Pastor
I. PASTORAL STAFF
A. Serve as a fully engaged member of the Pastoral/Director staff seeking to carry out the purpose of the church. The greatest commitment is to the overall success of the purpose of the church rather an individual area of responsibility.
B. As with all pastoral roles, there will be times and seasons of additional hours and responsibility.
II. WORSHIP SERVICES
A. Work in conjunction with Lead Pastor and Creative Team to develop worship services that presents the theme of the message and provides opportunity for congregation to enter into God's presence and worship. We will always be thinking of our un-churched friend who is attending for the first time, seeking to make God’s truth understandable in an engaging way.
1. This shall include but not be limited to the areas: music, drama, media, sound,
lighting, faith stories, set design and prayer.
2. Oversee selection and rehearsal of all music for services.
3. Secure capable leadership in his/her absence.
4. Identify, recruit, train and supervise servant leaders in all aspects of the worship
service. i.e. Be a team builder.
5. Audition, train and rehearse members of Praise Teams as needed.
6. Audition, train and rehearse members of instrumental teams as needed.
7. Serve as the “point person” for the multi-site campuses in the area of worship
as needed. i.e. resource worship leaders/instrumentalists/praise teams on other
A. Responsible for all technical aspects in the worship department.
1. Recruit, train and schedule sound, light and video technicians
2. Insure that technical equipment is maintained and in good working order
B. Assist in technical support for other ministries and events as needed.
IV. INVITE EVENTS
A. The Heights Community commits itself to a maximum of five “invite events”
designed to provide an introductory experience to God’s story and God’s people. The
music needs vary greatly for each event and leadership through the arts is as needed
1. Current Invite Events include: Christmas Theater, Craft Fair, Bible Adventure
week, Serve Project.
B. Christmas and Easter provide opportunities to reach people we ordinarily do not see
and special attention will be given to the events surrounding these two important
dates on the calendar to maximize the artistic impact on our guest.
1. Work in conjunction with the Lead Pastor to coordinate all aspects of annual
2. Work with Creative Team to develop "new" ways to tell the "old" story of
the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.
V. SPECIAL LIFE EVENTS:
1. Assist families in the planning of weddings
2. Perform weddings as requested
3. Provide pre-marital counseling as needed
1. Assist families in planning of funerals and memorial services
2. Conduct funerals and memorial services as requested
C. COUNSELING AND SHEPHERDING
1. Provide family and individual counseling as needed.
2. Provide encouragement and spiritual mentoring as needed
3. Hospital ministry as requested.
A. Develop and oversee the annual Music, Worship, and Audio-Visual Budgets.
To Apply: Call 801.781.4204 or Send resume to