Pastor of Family Life at Verde Baptist Church
- Posted: 6/19/2013
- Location: Cottonwood, AZ
- URL: http://www.verdebaptist.com
- Hours: Full Time
Are you passionate about serving the Lord by connecting people into community through small groups? Do you get excited about a family ministry that includes discipling children by providing resources and partnering with parents? This is a terrific opportunity to become part of a church that believes deeply in community and family, and is committed to providing a strong biblical worldview in an atmosphere of compassion and encouragement!
This church loves children and their families. We have a strong desire to help them develop a deep, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ and provide them with opportunities to form lifelong friendships with others. As part of a church with a 120-year history, our small group and family ministry is a vital part of our mission to win, train and send.
Cottonwood is located in the Verde Valley, surrounded by some of the most wonderful terrain anywhere, and offering great access to outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, kayaking, and camping! Centrally located between the stately and beautiful red rocks of Sedona, the regal San Francisco Peaks of Flagstaff, historic Prescott, and the city of Phoenix, Cottonwood truly has the best of all worlds. The town and surrounding areas boast a population of 22,000, and form a terrific community that combines rural and suburban living into a distinctive tapestry, perfect for raising a family and serving the Lord! What an awesome opportunity for the person the Lord is calling to be Pastor of Family Life at Verde Baptist
Church! If you are a high-energy person and excited about the amazing plans God has for you and those you are called to lead, we would love to hear from you!
This pastoral position will provide spiritual formation through the development and oversight of the small group ministry as well as effective leadership of this ministry that will empower and equip volunteers to lead groups with a focus on connection, community and care. This will, in turn, assist the pastoral team in accomplishing the mission of Verde Baptist Church – to win – train – send. In addition, this position will oversee the coordination of children’s, men and women’s ministries in order to best meet the needs of families.
• Meet the biblical requirements of an elder as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
• Demonstrate a vibrant, growing relationship with God that is evidenced in all areas of his life, including personal disciplines and balanced healthy family life.
• Be in thorough agreement with Verde Baptist’s doctrinal statement, core values, and philosophy of ministry.
• Demonstrate a commitment to reproducing by investing himself personally in the lives of non-Christians as well as less mature believers, and by allowing other mature believers to invest in his life.
• Demonstrate a lifestyle of the “humility that comes from wisdom.” (James 3:13)
• Be proactively committed to building relationships of grace, trust, and teamwork among the staff and deacons as a model of healthy body life for the entire church family.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Setup and maintain key performance measures that provide the senior pastor and church staff with visibility of effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
• Discover, develop, coach and provide resources for small group leaders.
• Develop training programs for small group leaders.
• Oversee small group activities. Ensure that small groups are well rounded and balanced in ministry, instruction, service, evangelism and relationships.
• Generate awareness of community needs to be met by small group outreach.
• Provide vision, direction, and oversight to the family ministry staff and volunteers.
• Provide shepherding and spiritual encouragement to ministry leaders.
• Provide training and equipping of family ministry volunteer staff.
• Oversee children’s ministry directors and staff, and assist in recruiting and equipping volunteer ministry leaders.
• Ensure that biblical and relevant teaching is provided throughout children’s, men and women’s ministries and encourage teaching that is transformational rather than informational.
• Ensure teachers are adequately trained and equipped for ministry.
• In collaboration with the youth pastor, develop, oversee and give direction to family ministry with a focus on encouraging parents to disciple their children. Partner with parents in discipling their children by providing effective and relevant resources, education and training.
• Collaborate with the student pastor to ensure the child/volunteer protection process is operating within current safety guidelines.
• Bible college degree in Christian education or related field.
• Seminary degree preferred.
• Five years experience developing, overseeing and implementing small group ministry in a church of 500 or more.
• Proven track record of children and/or family leadership.
• Function well within a team setting and be highly collaborative.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing ministry.
Interested? Email a cover letter, resume and any material you believe would be helpful for us to get to know you better to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We are gathering resumes and are seeking to fill the position by Summer 2013.