- Jr. High Director
- Waterstone Community Church
- Posted: 11/21/2013
- Salary/Range: Salaried
- Hours: Full Time
- Littleton, CO
Description:Reports To: Student Ministries Pastor
Pastoral Staff: No
General Purpose:To pursue the vision, mission, and guiding principles of Waterstone by overseeing the ministry to Jr. High students under the supervision and leadership of the Student Ministries Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for providing leadership and management for the ministry to Jr. high students (7th-8th grade) under the guidance of the Student Ministries Pastor.
• Oversees all ministry programming for the Jr. High ministry including weekend services, small groups and special events.
• Promotes a successful ministry strategy for recruiting, developing, and empowering volunteer leaders in the Jr. High.
• Ensure alignment of goals with the vision of Waterstone by working with Student Ministries Pastor to coordinate church-wide plans and objectives.
• Accomplishes all Jr. High annual goals on-time and on-budget.
• Communicates vision, ministry philosophy, strategy and goals of the Student Ministry to students, parents and volunteers of the Jr. High.
• Attends Jr. High Ministry events and a weekly worship service.
• Meets regularly (weekly) with supervisor to review progress, plans and issues.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in an area related to job responsibilities.
Experience or other background demonstrating application of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• 2 years church or para-church ministry experience preferred.
Working knowledge of:
• Computers and software programs, including all Microsoft Office applications.
• Workplace policies and procedures.
• Financial budgeting and reporting.
• Audio visual equipment
• Relate and work well with other staff members, congregation and community.
• Resolve interpersonal conflict in a positive and effective manner.
• Begin the process of becoming a member of Waterstone Community Church upon hire.
• Ability to work 40+ hours per week on a flexible schedule.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be a reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation and employment decisions.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Paul Joslin at