Children and Family Pastor at Wellspring Church
- Posted: 11/6/2012
- Location: Englewood, CO
- URL: http://www.wellspringcolorado.com
- Salary/Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Hours: This is a full-time position, 40 hours/week.
We at Wellspring are devoted to transforming lives in the power of the Holy Spirit. We long to see every dimension of our lives and our world reflect the wonder and joy of Christ’s rule and reign—in every child, parent and person.
Reporting to the Lead Pastor, the Children and Family Pastor is responsible for developing ministry vision, strategic direction and overseeing the execution of ministries to children, youth, parents and families. Our Children and Family Pastor will practically apply a whole-family approach to children’s ministry that includes the equipping of parents to lead their children well in addition to excellent children’s teaching and discipleship programs. This Pastor will be responsible for building and leading a strong ministry team comprised of paid staff, parents and volunteers who will love, teach and minister to Wellspring’s children and youth. The ideal candidate will be a leader who is self-motivated, creative, a strong problem-solver, strategic, action-oriented, relationally focused, burdened for children and families and, above all else, a devoted follower of Christ.
• Lead, direct and oversee all vision and strategy development for Children’s and Youth Formation.
• Design a comprehensive ministry program that meets the specific needs of Wellspring’s families, children and youth, including tools and training to help parents actively engage and disciple their children.
• Recruit, hire, train and support highly qualified staff and volunteers to execute vision and strategies with excellence.
• Provide opportunities for families to enter into deeper levels of community with other families in the church. Facilitate connection and a deeper sense of belonging.
• Develop and ensure the delivery of a cohesive curriculum for children and youth from 0-18 years old.
• Communicate openly with parents and church leadership about all aspects of the ministry that impact them; encourage parental collaboration, feedback and involvement.
• Build systems and structure into children’s programs that promote safety, consistency and trust for parents and visitors.
• Create and run community outreach events for Wellspring families and families in the surrounding neighborhood.
Qualifications and Capabilities
• Passionately pursues a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Burdened to disciple children, youth and families; hungry to see children and youth courageously live out their faith in Christ as their Savior and Lord.
• Strong leadership gifts that include the ability to influence and mobilize people under one vision, the ability to make tough decisions for the benefit of those you serve and the courage to “push back” in leadership meetings for the sake of continual improvement.
• Experience working with children and families within ministry contexts. Children’s and/or youth ministry leadership experience is preferred.
• Must possess a philosophy and strategy for synchronizing efforts of the church and families for the benefit of Children’s and Youth Formation.
• Open communicator, unafraid to suggest new ideas, able to receive criticism and do something with it.
• Strong ability to recruit, train, manage and retain volunteers.
• Ability to see the “big picture” while managing details.
• Exercise a balanced approach to ministry leadership that is both results-oriented and relationship-focused.
• Able to work collaboratively with senior leadership for direction.
To Apply: To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Katie Gayle at