Youth Pastor at Wellspring Church
- Posted: 2/11/2013
- Location: Englewood, CO
- URL: http://www.wellspringcolorado.com
- Salary/Range: Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Hours: 40 hrs/week
We at Wellspring are devoted to transforming lives in the power of the Holy Spirit. We long to see every dimension of our lives and our world reflect the wonder and joy of Christ’s rule and reign—in every child, parent and person.
Reporting to the Family Pastor, the Youth Pastor is responsible for developing ministry vision, strategic direction and overseeing the execution of ministries to youth and families of youth. Our Youth Pastor will practically apply a whole-family approach to youth ministry that includes the equipping of parents to lead their Youth well in addition to excellent discipleship programs that are fun, relevant, friendship-fostering, and life-transforming. This Pastor will be responsible for building and leading a strong ministry team comprised of parents and volunteers who will love, teach and minister to Wellspring’s youth. The ideal candidate will be a leader who is self-motivated, creative, a strong problem-solver, strategic, action-oriented, relationally focused, burdened for youth and families and, above all else, a devoted follower of Christ.
• Lead, direct and oversee all vision and strategy development for Youth Formation, including Middle School and High School Youth Group.
• Design a comprehensive ministry program that meets the specific needs of Wellspring’s youth and families of youth, including tools and training to help parents actively engage and disciple their kids.
• Recruit, hire, train and support highly qualified volunteers to execute vision and strategies with excellence.
• Cultivate a passion for worship through creating ways of participation on Sunday morning.
• Cultivate a passion for missions through creating ways of discovery through mission trips and outreach initiatives.
• Communicate openly with parents and church leadership about all aspects of the ministry that impact them; encourage parental collaboration, feedback and involvement.
• Build systems and structure into youth programs that promote safety, consistency and trust for parents and visitors.
• Develop strategies to reach the Youth of Englewood.
Qualifications and Capabilities
• Passionately pursues a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Burdened to disciple youth and families; hungry to see youth courageously live out their faith in Christ as their Savior and Lord.
• Strong leadership gifts that include the ability to influence and mobilize people under one vision, the ability to make tough decisions for the benefit of those you serve and the courage to “push back” in leadership meetings for the sake of continual improvement.
• Experience working with youth and families within ministry contexts. Youth ministry leadership experience is preferred.
• Must possess a philosophy and strategy for synchronizing efforts of the church and families for the benefit of Youth Formation.
• Open communicator, unafraid to suggest new ideas, able to receive criticism and do something with it.
• Strong ability to recruit, train, manage and retain volunteers.
• Ability to see the “big picture” while managing details.
• Exercise a balanced approach to ministry leadership that is both results-oriented and relationship-focused.
• Able to work collaboratively with senior leadership for direction.
To Apply: Send a resume to Katie Gayle at or call with questions at 303-789-2878.