Writer Content Intern at Youth for Christ/USA
- Posted: 3/14/2013
- Location: Englewood, CO
- URL: http://www.yfc.net
- Hours: Flexible
So you’re a writer? Youth for Christ (YFC) needs talent like yours—an impeccable style and lively tone—to join the team as a writing and content intern.
The writing and content intern will strengthen the mission of YFC by curating a strong brand voice that connects with our current audience while reaching new ones.
You’ll support our marketing and development teams in your duties:
• Write copy for the website that highlights our ministries
• Curate, research, design, and write blog posts on topics relevant to the readership
• Write creative newsletters and fundraising support letters on behalf of missionaries and staff
• Write press releases as the company launches new programs & donation campaigns
• Contribute to a book project that tells the story of our mission, as available
Ideal applicants have:
• A degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
• An exceptional ability to convey messages both in writing and in person
• Knowledge of web writing tactics and how to optimize for SEO preferred
• A positive attitude and willingness to work with the Marketing and Development teams to craft and refine the YFC voice
• A high degree of organization and project management skills, which would be an added bonus to our team.
We work hard and play hard. You’ll be exposed to a challenging, energetic environment while also kicking back with the team.
40 hours per week is preferred with flexible office hours (You’re a writer, after all!), but part-time can be negotiated. The position lasts three months at our national headquarters in the Denver metro area, and the position may be reviewed for more permanent work following the 3 month internship.
This is an unpaid internship, though the intern can raise financial support to earn a stipend.
To apply for this internship, please download the YFC Internship Application at www.yfc.net/internship. Submit the completed application, your current resume, two letters of recommendation and samples of your work to Laura Downey at email@example.com.
To Apply: Laura Downey: or 303-843-6777