Executive Assistant at Youth for Christ/USA
- Posted: 7/8/2013
- Location: Englewood, CO
- URL: http://www.yfc.net
- Hours: Full-Time - 40 hours/week
About Youth for Christ
Since 1944, Youth for Christ has had a distinctive history of youth evangelism. YFC thrives in locations and in the lives of kids who are often in crisis, overshadowed, or overlooked. Today, YFC is reaching some of the most ignored, under-resourced, and unchurched young people in the country. The USA ministry extends its reach through 16,000 committed staff and volunteers who are in authentic, Christ-sharing relationships with 65,000 kids at over 1,800 locations that extend from coast to coast and that include Alaska and Hawaii.
Our Capital Campaign
In 2013, YFC is embarking in a multi-million dollar capital campaign, raising funds to expand into and saturate select metropolitan areas. The campaign will last 3 years, and will require the close tracking of relationships, detailed tasks, and careful project management.
About this Position
Working with the CEO, Capital Campaign Committee, and development & marketing officers, this position is responsible for the following:
• Support the development officers as they cultivate individual and foundation prospects and prepare grant proposals and donor appeals;
• Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files; manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to the Board and senior staff; recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals;
• Draft campaign communications, creating content for the e-newsletter and talking points for the media; integrate campaign milestones into ongoing public relations outreach;
• Coordinate the writing and development of print and electronic communications materials and coordinate their design and production through in-house artists or agencies;
• Serve as administrative support for cultivation and recognition events, golf tournaments;
• Connect a tribe of campaign volunteers; schedule and support campaign leadership meetings by taking notes and reminding volunteers of follow-up activity;
• Work collaboratively with the Development Officers to manage non-campaign related individual gift solicitation, tracking and acknowledgements (such as the annual appeal);
• Book travel for senior staff and campaign committee volunteers. Learn and accommodate the unique travel concerns of corporate executives volunteering on the committee who may have their own transportation preferences.
• Manage meeting scheduling and process expenses for development officers
• Respond to email on behalf of Development Officers as necessary
• Keep notes of all meetings, tracking follow-up activity with all levels of management and holding teams accountable to determined goals
• Other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelors degree, and familiarity with nonprofit culture, as well as a passion for lost youth who might be considered at-risk to society and who need Jesus
• 3-5 years of professional experience in administrative support, fund development, marketing, or campaign management with a track record of success, with specific experience in capital campaigns, individual giving and/or major gifts, and the tracking/monitoring of pledges;
• Knowledge of the USA, and the unique cultural differences between each region of the country
• Superior verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
• Energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands on work environment;
• A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others; and
• Computer fluency in MS Office, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or other donor database software, web and mass email applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
Please download the YFC ministry application at http://www.yfc.net/getinvolved, complete it, and email it along with your resume and two writing samples to Laura Downey at email@example.com.
To Apply: Laura Downey: or 303-843-6777