Web Developer (PHP) at Youth for Christ/USA
- Posted: 7/16/2013
- Location: Englewood, CO
- URL: http://www.yfc.net
- Hours: Full-Time - 40 hours/week
Web Developer (PHP) Developer
Location: Englewood, CO
Youth for Christ/USA, Inc. has a full-time Web Developer position open at our Englewood, CO office that we desire to fill immediately. This position will report to our Associate Director of Innovation and Branding Strategy. The purpose of this position is to help with the back-end development of our new social intranet. This individual will work with a team of four in building this tool. They will also support YFC’s existing websites and web applications, used across the country by our ministry staff.
Primary Responsibility: The Web Developer will be part of brainstorming sessions to come up with creative ideas to include in our projects. They will take part in the decisions that shape our internal applications. The day-to-day responsibilities are to receive templates from the front-end team that need functionality added to them. The Web Developer will connect the database to the web interface and set up the necessary validation and testing on the functional pieces. Most of the work will be done with PHP inside of the Symfony2 framework. They will also be responsible for participating in daily 30 minute stand-up meetings with the entire team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Linux, Apache, Mysql, and PHP (LAMP) proficiency
• Experience building with web MVC Frameworks (Symfony2 preferred)
• Experience with Templating languages (Twig preferred)
• Experience with Git or similar file versioning management system
• Passion for quality, attention to detail, desire to innovate, learn & grow
• Passion for building applications that advance the cause of Christ
Optional, but Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Programming, Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
• 2-5 Years of Programming/Web Development experience
• Ability to write standards compliant HTML, CSS
• Youth ministry experience (volunteer or paid) to understand our client
Timeline: This position will start immediately.
Qualified applicants, please submit the YFC ministry application, resume, and links to sample work with a description of your role in the work to Laura Downey at email@example.com. The YFC Application can be downloaded by going to www.yfc.net/getinvolved. Applicants who do not submit an application and do not list their salary requirement will not be considered for this position. Only individual applicants will be contacted, no agencies or staffing managers please.
To Apply: Laura Downey: or 303-843-6777
Go to Technology and Computers (Networks, Internet, etc.) projects / All Jobs