Administrative Assistant at Youth for Christ/USA
- Posted: 8/6/2013
- Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- URL: http://www.yfc.net
- Salary/Range: $10.50/hour
- Hours: Full-Time - 40 hours/week
Administrative Assistant (YFC Military and MCYM US West)
Desired Start Date: September 15
Youth for Christ USA’s Military Ministry (YFCM) in conjunction with Military Community Youth Ministry (MCYM) is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. This position encompasses roles and responsibilities both within YFC and MCYM and serves to mainly support administratively the Director of this role.
The main functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Understand and support the Director’s dual role with YFC and MCYM.
• Maintain the Director’s calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and travel.
• Develop and route correspondence, submit expense reimbursements, initiate communications, file and collect information for director.
• Organize and follow-through on tasks and assignments for MCYM coordinators, field staff and YFC field representatives, including all forms of communication (in person, phone, email).
• Create, maintain and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operation needs, contracts, reports, practices, recordkeeping, etc.
• Process salary changes for current YFCM staff and monitor their vacation balances and monthly statements.
• Job share responsibilities and assist when needed with the YFCM Processor located at the Youth for Christ office in Englewood, CO.
• Job share responsibilities and assist when needed with the MCYM US East Administrative Assistant.
The individual who fills this position must possess the following qualifications:
• Believe and agree with Youth for Christ’s mission statement, statement of faith and standards of conduct;
• Be confident and self-motivated, willing to take initiative;
• Be organized, administrative and detail-oriented;
• Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
• Have the ability to work with and analyze numbers;
• Have experience as an administrative assistant supporting a director;
• Have the ability to problem solve; and
• Be servant hearted and willing to help wherever necessary.
Download the YFC Ministry Application at www.yfc.net/getinvolved and submit it along with your resume and three (3) letters of recommendation to Laura Downey at email@example.com. All applications must be submitted by August 16.
To Apply: Laura Downey: or 303-843-6777