Front End Developer at Youth for Christ/USA
- Posted: 10/16/2013
- Location: Englewood, CO or Remote
- URL: http://www.yfc.net
- Hours: Full-Time - 40 hours/week
Web & User Interface/UX Developer
Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Location: Englewood, CO (May consider other locations.)
Youth for Christ/USA, Inc. has a Web & User Interface/UX Developer position available to start immediately working out of our Englewood office. The position will report to our Associate Director of Innovation and Branding Strategy and will be helping development of the front-end for a new social intranet.
Primary Responsibility: This position will meet with the AD multiple times a week to review wireframes and mockups. This position will be solely and fully responsible for developing the rough mockups into standards-compliant cross-browser compatible HTML/CSS within the Twig Templating Language, using jQuery and other interactive elements to enhance usability. They will hand-off the completed front-end to the development team who will attach back-end functionality. This individual will also participate in daily 30 minute stand-up meetings with the entire team.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing user experiences
• Experience building user interfaces for Web-based applications
• Experience with Git or similar file versioning management system
• Designing multi-browser compatible user interfaces (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.)
• Passion for quality, attention to detail, desire to innovate, learn & grow
• Passion for building applications that advance the cause of Christ
Optional, but Desired Skills and Qualifications
• Responsive design layouts that react to different screen sizes
• Basic understanding of PHP development
• Experience working with the Symfony PHP framework
• Experience in mobile front-end interfaces
• Youth ministry experience (volunteer or paid) to understand our client
Timeline: This position will start immediately.
Qualified applicants, please submit the YFC ministry application, resume, and links to sample work with a description of your role in the work to Laura Downey at email@example.com. The YFC Application can be downloaded by going to www.yfc.net/getinvolved. Applicants who do not submit an application and do not list their salary requirement will not be considered for this position. Only individual applicants will be contacted, no agencies or staffing managers please.
To Apply: Laura Downey: or 303-843-6777
Go to Technology and Computers (Networks, Internet, etc.) projects / All Jobs